My New Favorite Outfit: Styling Services

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Styling Services

A few months ago I decided to start offering Styling Services after finishing my series on Dressing for Your Shape. I started to get a lot of emails with styling questions, so felt the transition to services made sense.  I've been having a lot of fun and am actually showing off some styling I did for Susan at Charming Lucy on her blog this week.  I thought I'd show you all today a little bit of the process I go through when styling someone.

First I like to get to know the client and their lifestyle.  I really want to create looks that each woman loves, so I work to learn about their job, stores they like, their budgets, colors they love, etc.  I also like to get a picture of the client, so I can best see their shape and create outfits based on that. After getting these questions answered and picture I get to work.  I work by sourcing pieces that will best fit their needs, lifestyle and budget.  

Then, I create sets with links to all the pieces I recommend.  A recent client was 59 and looking to freshen up her wardrobe.  Her job setting is more casual and she mostly liked to wear pants. She did request a few dressy outfits for wedding and baby showers or other occasions she might need to dress up for. She also wanted a few casual weekend outfits too. She shared some colors she loved and didn't and also mentioned the necklines she preferred. Here's an example of a some of the recommendations  I had for her:

Jackets-Laura



Pants- Laura



I also created sets for dresses, cardigans, shoes, and accessories to fit her needs too. Then, I went to work to create outfits based on all the pieces I picked. Here are a few examples:



Laura


Laura



Laura


Laura


This client requested five hours of styling and in that time I was able to create three and a half weeks of outfits, plus I listed outfit variations and styling tips for each set as well.  Everything was sent to her in a PDF with links.

I'm also working with a client on outfit planning right now.  For this option the client takes pictures of existing pieces in their closet and I create outfit collages with the pieces.  I also make recommendations on styling and pieces they could add to fill closet "holes."  Just as above, I can create 25-30 outfits in five hours.

Like I said, I'm really enjoying this new aspect of blogging.  If you're interested in being styled you can learn more about options here.  You can also email me with questions or to book a styling session.

11 comments:

  1. Well I like everything here too Ginny! You were just made for this! I hope people have the opportunity to try your fabulous styling services!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be so much fun, not even really feeling like work, which is always good! I love what you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like what you came up with! I have my eye on a few of those tops, especially the orange one! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you have the vision and creativity to do this- you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Ginny. Well done :)

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I have the best time when we style/personal shop with other people. It's always so fun to have them play model!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Ginny. Several years ago, when I worked as a personal shopper, it was so much fun to work with and style other people. It almost didn't feel like work, almost. Well done!! Loving some pieces you selected especially the jackets and tops. =)

    Will check out the work on Susan's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it is so much fun to put this together!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing- good luck with your new found job/styling. Every girls dream job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like fun - good luck on your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and good for you!!

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete