My New Favorite Outfit: 30x30 Day 20: Neon Ballet Dancer?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

30x30 Day 20: Neon Ballet Dancer?


Day 20:

So I'm really liking this combo, although the blouse might be a little "blousier" than I'd like. For whatever reason, though, I feel like I need to get in first position, them do a tendu and a pirouette. I was in ballet, tap, jazz, etc, along with dance squad throughout most of my school days, and this outfit takes me back there. Those were the days...... I wonder how my students would feel if I tried out my old moves while teaching today? Shall I find out?

I've also been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Lauren at Lauren's Beauty Department
She has not one, but two cute blogs, go stop by and say hi.

This award asks me to share seven random facts about myself, here goes:

1.  I'm addicted to coffee. I drink nearly a pot a day, but I only like Folgers.
2. I gave up pedicures and highlighting my hair to save money, but secretly wish I still did both.
3. I actually like watching Sesame Street with the Grantster. It's actually pretty funny.
4. I hate cooking. I hate everything about it. Every day at about 4:00 I think, "crap, what am I going to make for dinner tonight?"
5.  I love scrap booking but haven't done much of it since I started blogging. I used to do pages and pages each month, now I maybe do two a month. Good thing Grant's a boy, I don't think he'll probably care that the amount of pictures I've taken of him has decreased.
6. My husband and I are big savers and although there are times I really wish I could just go and buy a bunch of stuff at full price, I always feel better about purchases when I get them on sale.
7. I so wish I knew my blogger friends in real life.




Top: Target $3 (thrifted)
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft $5 (thrifted)
Necklace: Express $14
Bracelets: Express $14
Tights: DSW $1.5
Shoes: Nine West $30

32 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! Loved getting to know a little more about you. You should have a blogger meet up if there's any bloggers that live near you. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    January Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've googled and looked on Facebook for blogger groups here and can't find any :( total bummer.

      Delete
  2. such a chic outfit <3 <3

    latest look: http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/2013/01/outfit-of-day-gray-black-with-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful outfit - nice to see a pop of neon. Congratulations on your award! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors especially the skirt. Congrats on the award.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the yellow necklace!Congratz on the award!
    I am following you, return love back?
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. first off, DARLING outfit! loving that mellow yellow a lot. and congrats on the award! how super fun is that?!. is there somewhere where we can vote? finally, i did the whole no mani or pedis for awhile to save money and i have to say that i really really really missed it as well. but looking back, it was well worth it.

    Happy Tuesday!

    Redheaded Daybook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This award is just given from one blogger to another, kind of like the Leibster, so no voting, thanks anyway!

      Delete
  7. I say anything that makes you feel like a ballerina is the way to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why this would make you feel ballerina it is light and floaty and delicate and best of all twirly (yes that is a word haha) did you try your moves out on your students? I really really like this one, I wont say favourite yes as there are more to come but it may be my favourite :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Janine. I didn't twirl at school today :( glad to hear this is one if your favs. I really like it too!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful top! Bright watercolor prints are a favorite of mine.

    Inge
    thisevolvinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. #6, I agree with you 100%. Its is less work, right? Id feel guilty later on... or, maybe I wont! ;) p/s: Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow such an amazingly beautiful skirt!! xo love the ballet look

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grey and yellow is such a pretty color combo! And I know what you mean about buying stuff at full price - I love shop and do shop often, but I almost never buy anything at full price, it gives me heartburn, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Full price is definitely for the birds!

      Delete
  13. LOVE this neon on you!! I have always wondered if you were a dancer because I notice some of the ballet positions you stand it! Love it!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kallee, you were a dancer too, right?

      Delete
  14. Oh that's an awesome top! Reminds me of summer! MMmm summer, oh how I miss thee...lol

    xo
    -Nike O.
    www.eighthundredsqft.com
    P.S. cute necklace

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this combo as well especially the colors. Nice to know a little things about you :).. I'm addicted to coffee too! :)

    Xo,
    Amor GLAMOROZA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lovely! =)

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this outfit!
    ok, i finally realized who you look like. its been making me crazy and i kept thinking it was a celebrity or something but couldn't place it- its actually a really nice girl here in l.a. that owns a wallpaper store. it just hit me today. you have a twin in los angeles-seriously! haha.
    have a great day ginny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I used to get Marisa Tomei back in college a lot :)

      Delete