My New Favorite Outfit: 30x30 Day 18: Kind of Boring....

Sunday, January 20, 2013

30x30 Day 18: Kind of Boring....

Day 18: 

I've got to be honest, I like this outfit in theory, but I think it's kind of boring on me in real life.  I am wearing it with leopard shoes, but they didn't quite make the picture (silly tripod). I had a hard time accessorizing this and although I've seen similar looks on other bloggers I love, I'm not crazy about it on me.  I think this is probably why most people (other than those of us crazy bold enough to do a 30x30) don't post pictures everyday.  Some outfits are ok, but just not exciting enough to blog. I thought about putting my navy blazer on top, but I've worn that thing like every-other day.  I'm probably going to cheat ant put a cardigan on top before walking out the door.  Maybe it'll salvage the look..... 



Blouse: Old Navy $20
Belt: The Limited $6
Scarf: The Dollar Tree $1
Pants: The Limited $40
Shoes: Fergalicious $15




18 comments:

  1. Well, it's a cute regular day look (plus you know I love this top). The print shoes add to it, and maybe if you had a different scarf or a statement necklace to add a focusing pop of bright or contrasting color you might like it more?

    Inge
    thisevolvinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like that idea a lot more than what I can up with....

      Delete
  2. It's a really nice every day look. I think a bright belt might just lift it up a bit. I like the tones of similar colours through the outfit, maybe pick a belt to match one of the colours in your shoe and wear that with it? But to be honest I like it how it is too, every outfit we wear can't be a 'wow' outfit, well not unless we have a stylist, a massive wardrobe and a endless supply of money lol.

    Have a lovely Sunday

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea on the belt. Oh, to have a stylist....

      Delete
  3. I actually like it. But I know how you feel. I feel pretty blah today as well. I don't think that being on this cleanse is helping that right now. I'm craving coffee something crazy. Anyways good luck.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine a world without coffee! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be glad you did it in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't look boring to me! Very preppy chic! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dotted blouse looks cool dear :)
    XX
    LVE
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look adorable in this outfit, but agree a bright pop of color would liven it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I definitely think I'll add that next time :)

      Delete
  8. i think that polka dot top is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i actually didn't find it boring! Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What, I don't think this is boring at all! I love the polka dots (obviously) but the simplicity of the outfit wins me over. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think sometimes I try to over complicate outfits, I definitely have to keep the idea of simplicity in my mind when I'm outfit planning :)

      Delete
  11. That's totally true (the not posting every day thing), but I love seeing bloggers in totally normal outfits. It's a nice reminder that we're all human and sometimes we're all just wearing a sweater and jeans. This looks cute on you, and I think you should celebrate the simple outfits!

    ReplyDelete